Par Mrs E et A le 8 Mars 2015 à 17:32
In France many people say their favorite meal is the Couscous, a traditional north African (Berbère) meal.
We asked many of our mums to cook one so that we could take a picture.
Here is Romain's mum's recipe, if you want to give it a try!
Ingredients (8 people):
1 kg of average semolina, 1 kg of mutton (or colier ratings dish), 4 onions, 1 box of 70 g of tomato paste, 2 cloves of garlic, 100g sultanas raisins, 1 cup of oil olive, Chicken 1k200 (or 4 pasta cut into 2), 8 merguez, 4 pieces of beef bourguignon or 3 carrots, 2 turnips, 1 stick of celery, 1 peppers, courgettes 4, 2 tomatoes, 1 small can of chickpeas canned sweet peppers, 1-2 tbsp. Coffee ras el hanout or couscous spice, 1 tbsp. Coffee kamoun or Arabic cumin, 1 small can of Arissa, 125 g butter or margarine, 1/2 g saffron or paprika or turmeric, salt, pepper.
1. Bouillon in the couscous pot, bring 2 liters of water around with mutton, onion, saffron, salt, pepper, olive oil, tomato paste, 1 tbsp. Coffee arissa of garlic; cover up; cook the broth for 2 H.
2. pour the cornmeal in a large bowl; moisten several times with cold salted water until it is saturated and drizzle a little olive oil; gin AVECC fork; let rise for the time indicated on the package.
3. as the broth has cooked 1/2 hour, add the carrots and turnips, and split chicken; enter 2 sides beef in a hot stove; put the sausages in the oven to cook;
4. pour the semolina in the sieve of the steamer; place it above the stock; cover with a cloth; cook 30 min.
5. at the end of this time, pour the semolina on a cloth, sprinkle plenty of salted cold water; aerate with a fork.
6. Add the broth retsé on fire: unpeeled zucchini, bell pepper, cut into thin slices, chopped tomatoes, celery branches and beef, ras el hanout the kamoun; put the couscous in the colander over the broth; cook again, covered with a cloth, 1/2 H.
7. Pour the stock into a pan, put the washed raisins, drained chickpeas, paprika, and more or less arissa to spice set over low heat to a simmer;
8. pour the couscous (semolina) in a large shallow dish, add 125 g butter, forming a dome and a hollow in the center to pour the meat cut into pieces and and vegetables; apart, presenting the broth and a small container of arissa.
Par Mrs E et A le 1 Mars 2015 à 21:19
In our class, two of our classmates are from Portugal. Their parents were born in Portugal and our classmates have the Portuguese nationality
It was important for us to talk about this mix of cultures: it creates who we are, it makes us grow.
In the Portuguese food culture, Bacalhau, cod fish in English, is really in the center of most of the meals.
Here is one of Samuel's favorite meal: the Bacalhau à bras.
This one was cooked by his mum. And here are the ingredients she used for 6 people:
600grams of cod fish, 12 potatoes, 6 eggs, 2 onions, 2 cloves of garlic, parsley leaves, 4 tablespoons of olive oil, and 4 tablespoons of sunflower oil, salt and pepper